Sunday 29 September 2024

Interrailing Remeberance

Worked a Sunday which was fundamentally a bit meh but the biggest takeaway of the day was the crew drinks after. There I was, at a decidedly English 'German Beer Hall's in central London, they poured me my first Stein of the night and it reminded me greatly of the time I went interrailing in Munich and went to a real beer hall. Amidst the drinking, around the new friends and colleagues I did a deep dive on my messages to Rebecca to find a photo of me nursing a beer during our interrailing trip. That picture wasn't in WhatsApp, rather on Facebook Messenger (our original platform of communication) and I went on a real plunder of our old messages and photo exchanges. What I found was real love, real playfullness and real sincerity. Five years ago we went interrailing and another five we started dating. Our message log is the lore of our relationship and it's so very endearing to dive back into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment