Sunday 22 September 2024

Leaving Ludlow

The rain had been threatening our good times for far too long... At least according to Mum who spent a good chunk of the morning refreshing the weather radar on RainToday.com. We ended up ignoring all the forecasts and headed out to yet another local castle. While it wasn't a big military style one for monarchs, this one was more homely and designed for entertaining which was a unique spin. Plenty of guest rooms to inspect and even some nesting birds flying around in the rafters. Dad had a pork roast waiting for us back at base which was perhaps the best dinner I've had all year - I would have eaten more but I didn't want to appear... Piggy.

Rebecca and I had to cut our visit short though as reality beckoned from the hazy visage of Monday. I had to do a big old drive up to tomorrow's filming location so I dropped Rebecca off in Birmingham while I powered on through the rainy motorway. I'm quietly chilling in my hotel room now, enjoying the final bit of peace and quiet before the madness begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment