Friday 5 February 2021

Super Size Me

First up, I'm happy to say that the job I interviewed for last week followed up with a phone-call today offering me the position. I'll be working on a new production shortly after my current one ends between the beginning of May to early January.

It was such good news it felt worthy of celebration... For the past week or so on of my co-workers was bigging up an infamous challenge he took part in recently. The rules are very simple, it's more of a test of will and endurance than anything else: eat 10 McDonald's Cheeseburgers. I've never been known to back away from quirky dares so I threw my hat into the ring and tucked into a mountain of heavily processed meat. Thirty minutes later it felt like I'd eaten 4 Christmas dinners... but the pile of burgers in front of me had been consumed. There was no glory in it though, only self-loathing and the sensation of having a lead-lined stomach that lingered for the duration of the day. It goes without saying, no matter how much you want to celebrate getting a new job, don't eat 10 nappy cheeseburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment