Saturday, 29 August 2026

Sideways Rain Seaside

The sound of the rain roaring through the drainpipes was loud enough to wake me up this morning. The forecast was already bleak but seeing it with my own eyes was something else entirely. There was sideways rain for all of breakfast, we waited for a break in it before heading out into Bournemouth town centre for a jaunt. Each time I go there I'm always taken back by how ramshackle it all is (in fairness, the weather didn't help the situation) but it was just so unappealing. We got the measure of it all quickly and headed to the beach, the sea was fierce on account of the wind, but that didn't deter Ben from going in for a dip. We all watched in awe as he ran straight into the water as we tugged our raincoats closer to our chins.

We barely dried off at home before heading out again to a few pubs in town followed by a fish and chip dinner. Ben's mantra is that fish and chips should always overwhelm you when it's all on your plate and I have to say I think I agree with that. I don't think I'll need to eat again til after the Bank Holiday is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment