Sunday, 6 September 2026

Quizzing Sunday

Now that Rebecca and I are fully back at work we wanted to spend today doing nice and calm things. We took a walk out toward the harbour, popped into a book shop and brought a big cookie to indulge in. I cooked a roast dinner too, the first of the Autumn. Best part is knowing the leftovers will be in the next few dinners this week. 

So while the daytime was calm, the evening was combative... I went cross city to meet up with some friends for a pub quiz. The quiz's theme was the 60's which was sounding a bit rough on the outset, thankfully there were a ton of questions that were film centric. I'm glad that's my mastermind subject because I actually had to dispute the quiz master who made an official correction to the marking for a specific round about Oscar winners. My team found it hilarious I went up and the team next to us were flabbergasted at how our score sheet went from 0 to full marks. Glad I did though because we won!! I've never won a pub quiz in my life so I'll be riding this high for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment