An exceptionally delicious date and brown sugar oat bowl set all four of us up for a terrific day. Matt and Ben took us for a sunny walk around their ends, which naturally included pit stops at a coffee place and a superb little bakery which did some of the best sweet treats we'd all ever tried. A period of rest followed, I closed my eyes for a bit and felt at total peace with the world. I couldn't stay too sleepy though because there were homemade smash burgers to dive into and a train into town to catch. The main reason for our visit was to go see the stage show for My Neighbour Totoro. I had some reservations going in because I adore the original film but I was pleasantly surprised by the production. I had a few issues with the script and dialogue in this new one, but the puppetry and technically elements were all fabulous. We came back humming the theme song (well, mostly Rebecca did) and toddled off to bed. Another pretty perfect Saturday with friends - we keep such good company.
No comments:
Post a Comment