Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Studio History, As Told By Office Furniture

Pivoted away from emails, instead I was out and about to IKEA to buy and assemble some office furniture. I've been working in these studios so much now that I began to spot my handiwork everywhere I look. Desks built on old jobs. Shelves oiled and drilled into the walls. Old fridges I brought off Facebook marketplace. Every humdrum piece of that place holds a story of some kind, a history barely worth remembering, but it's there because someone made it so. 

History is in my mind a lot at the moment, not just because it's my birthday soon, but Nintendo just showed off a trailer for a remake of Ocarina of Time. Shiny graphics and modernised gameplay but still the same adventure underneath. It's crazy to believe that game is almost 30 years old now, but just a few notes from a song takes me right back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment