Tuesday 3 January 2017

Eggs and White Sauce

First day back at work, it went by a bit quicker than I expected, but the hardest part of my day was plucking up the strength to leave my bed. I've actually been given quite a fun/important job to do starting tomorrow, I'm editing a client showreel for some of our new business presentations so that's good spot to flex my techie muscles.

Tried my hand at another new dish tonight: Eggs Florentine. Had to call up my folks to ask them how to make it and was basically told how making white sauce is really easy to get wrong... so guess what happened when I cooked it? I got it spot on, and it was delicious, however I was so preoccupied making it that I forgot to prep the sweet potato chips to go on the side, had to make mash in the end and the consistency of both bits of the meal were rather similar. Still, its good to know I can add another dish to my recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment