Sunday 12 May 2024

Tetris Effect

The remnants of yesterday's good time still lingered in our kitchen. I made breakfast around the mess while slowly working up the bandwidth to deal with it all. Between Rebecca and I we got the house back into tip top shape before heading out to enjoy the sunshine before it slopes away for a bit. I bumped into not one, but two old colleagues from Coffee#1 which was a sincere treat. One of them was running a market stand on behalf of a friend so it was a perfect excuse to buy some homemade tiffin which went down well alongside and iced coffee.

I picked up a remarkable version of Tetris this weekend which I just about completed on the 'Normal' difficulty level. Tetris Effect pairs every action to the music while presenting some really turn of the millennium aesthetics, all the while preaching a message about how we're all connected. It's immaculate stuff. I was never that good at Tetris, I left that one to good old Daniel who can trounce some of the most seasoned players. Maybe, just maybe I get it now? Makes me want to play more of it to hone my skills. I could be like that guy at parties who can solve a Rubex Cube super quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment