Tuesday 13 August 2013

Pink Moon

Leaving things behind is not a habit I am terribly used to. But today, everybody was doing this and I was fortunate enough to offer various belongs back to their gratified owners.

Firstly, walking to work resulted in me slowly being behind a pair of younger girls, clearly on their way to some form of dance practice at school. One of them so happens to drop their black vest by the subway so I picked it up. This did however make me feel incredibly socially awkward as I was essentially carrying women's clothing (borderline under-garments) in public for a about a minute. Handing it back I just kinda mumbled and walked very quickly away from them; at least they were pleased with me handing it back.

Other bits and bobs were also lost at work, jackets, keys and cash. Inbetween all of this, a little girl bumped her chin rather badly, leaving a small graze the size of a fingernail. I immediately got an ice pack for her and offered a plaster, but the latter was lost as the lady was saying something to her daughet about 'How the man probably doens't know any first aid.'

I was pretty offended by this statement. So offended that I rose up to it, grabbing the first aid kit and slapping on a pair of vinyl gloves to assist the injured person. Showed her that I knew a thing about first aid! I wiped the wound, plastered it up, I even offered bedside manner, saying she was brave and could have a glass of water.

And now, I have just finished listening to Pink Moon while sat on the hammock watching the meteor shower - so all-in-all, it's been a good day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment