Friday 30 August 2013

Old friends

Family Fun Day has been and gone, not over-bearingly busy either - a nice steady flow of customers. It was also my favourite cafe co-worker's last day today. I returned the books she lent my like To Kill a Mockingbird and The Kite Runner and was very grateful that she wanted me to read them so I bought her a going away present in the form of some good quality coffee from the marketplace.

With no grand plans for the evening, I did something I don't do very often at all: re-watch a film... by myself. Frequently I watch films again with friends, but the experience is totally personal and gratifying on occasion when you re-watch something you hold very dear to you, and in this case it was Woody Allen's Manhattan, which is pretty close to perfection in almost every way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment