Sunday 1 September 2013

Training the new peeps

Training new people is quite exhausting as it turns out. It's crazy to think that I was once really very incompetent at what I did in the cafe because every job has so gradually become second nature to me. But I only have to listen to what I'm saying while I'm instructing to imagine what the other person is thinking - so many rules about what colours of chopping board to use, how many nuggets to give out, how to fold down sandwich bag flaps. Almost felt sorry for the girl I was training, it was enough information to make someone's head explode.  

Simultaneously over and under-whelmed by the concept of me having a day off tomorrow. On the one hand, I would really like a break, but I have nothing I want to 'start' doing as I know I will be moving out in less than a week now. It's that transitional period where you don't want to do very much at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment