Monday 16 September 2013

I'm turning into a housewife

I found myself in a strange position today after watching Man on Wire. I felt the shallow loneliness that I associate with housewives or pets as I waited for someone to come home today. I had the whole morning and early afternoon to myself and I just had a rare urge to go outside and do some shopping to quell the emptiness inside of me. Charity shops are indeed rather affordable I rediscovered as I left the highstreet with a stripy blue jumper that makes me look like a smurf version of Dennis the Menace and left me reeking of mothballs.

Picking up Jamie from the bus stop was the highlight since he brought me my birthday present... A mead horn!

Insert picture of you and housemate making obscene faces here
So we split an ale into them for the whole medevil feel just as we decided to make a Spanish omlette. The great thing about this dish is that it uses up all the left-overs we had left. Onions, peas, sweetcorn, potato, ham, pepper... all that good stuff, mix it up with some eggs and you are golden. Well, that is at least until you try folding the damn thing. Moment after pulverizing the golden treat Lucy declared it a Frittata!

I tried so hard to make pudding for everyone too! I spotted a coffee angel delight recipe in a cookbook my gran gave me and I really wanted to give it a go. Results were... underwhelming and I ended up eating everyone's portions as the consistency was ironically, inconsistent. Tasted a bit like the mascarpone top on a tiramisu, albeit a rather naff one.     

1 comment:

  1. you shouldn't be sitting at home on your own all day - its Freshers Week!!

    you're only a Fresher once, so make the most of it.

    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete