Tuesday 24 September 2013

Musical Monday

Got up nice and early to watch Funny Face. The first thing that struck me about it was, once again, how absolutely gorgeous Audrey Hepburn was. Aside from one or two dance scenes however, the film was sadly just ok. It would have been fine if it had come out before Singin' in the Rain (as it's by the same director) and that's what hurt me so much. Singin' in the Rain still feels fresh and fun, 5 years later I expected the director to top himself, but instead he played it very safe. 

In fact, I saw two musicals today, this one I am ashamed to admit to seeing. I succumbed to peer pressure for the movie night and slapped on High School Musical. And it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The viewing experience was saved, in part, by some of the 'acting talent' that unfolded before our eyes but otherwise it was pretty trashy.   

1 comment:

  1. try Sabrina - you might enjoy that, and My Fair Lady is one of Audrey Hepburn's best films - I'll watch it with you!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete