Saturday 14 September 2013

Train, Ales and Fajitas

Me and Lucy are very tired from a lot of good traveling. Yesterday afternoon we got on a train back home to Newbury to celebrate Chris' Birthday in style. He looked like he had a nice evening and we all did too! Got to sleep in my old bed again and felt a serious case of deja vu waking up in my old room on a Saturday morning, panicked I suddenly thought I needed to get up and go to work at Eddie Catz; I had never been more relieved to get a chance to sleep in.

And in early September tradition, me, Dad and even Louis went on down to the Real Ale festival in Newbury to sample some very fine beers. I typically go for the more citrousy beers on offer, but i was oddly enticed by one described with having hints of 'Burnt toast and coffee.' And it wasn't half bad! Trained it back to Bournemouth today and brainstormed what to have for dinner - we ultimately settled on fajitas. The actual cooking went horrendously badly at first. I filled the pan up with too much oil so the everything was spitting lava, our onions made us cry more than The Green Mile and we accidentally bought some spinach tortillas in Lidl? Much of been those calming yellow lights they use in there, couldn't determine what looked green or not. That said though, they turned out great and really hit the spot.

After tow days of, what feels like years of traveling, we are getting a very early one tonight in preparation for a very lazy Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment