Saturday 21 September 2013

Washing is my least favourite chore

Usually, I am an early riser. Never up later than 9. I often just feel like I could be doing something much more productive with my morning hours than lounging around in bed. That said, today I woke up at 10in the morning and managed top accomplish nothing until the early afternoon. and I use the term 'accomplish' quite loosely. Setting up the Gamecube was the highlight of today, shortly followed by self motivating myself to try Viewtiful Joe on super hard difficulty one more time. This is a thing I usually attempt once a year with little success and this time was no different. One day though.

Actually, that's a little bit of a lie. The biggest accomplishment of today was learning how to use this bad boy:


Have you ever seen the beginning of '2001: A Space Odyssey'? The bit with chimps fiddling with bits of bone and rock before they fashion tools of destruction and potentially creation? Well, that was what me and Mark looked like trying to figure out how this thing functions; it was like learning to pilot a spaceship. 

We later hosted a dinner for 6 at our house, believing that toad in the hole would be the perfect sharing meal. While the division of the dish was fine, the actual cooking was somewhat flawed. Even with me and Mark supervising the meal we discovered one of two things after our batter didn't quite cook through.

1. We are rubbish cooks.
2. Our oven temperature gauge lies.

I know the old saying about a builder blaming his tools, but in this case, we seriously believe that we chiefs are not entirely to blame. What resulted was a fairly gloopy batter numbed by glasses of affordable wine.




No comments:

Post a Comment