Wednesday 6 June 2012

I was the cat!

Had a first in a lifetime experience today. I was picked to dress up as the cat mascot for the place I worked, this involved me getting dressed up in a big ol' suit, complete with a fiddly zip in the back and a helmet which somehow still had so of last times sweat in it. After crashing my way through every single doorway I went through with my over-sized head I wheeled in the cake for somebodies Birthday. As everyone was singing for the party I had a frantic scan around the room to find the Birthday boy/girl but fortunately he found me. The boss asked if anyone wanted to hug Eddie (the cat) and this was where things got rather sad. Nearly every kid knew that I was some guy in a suit, once they had a chance to grab me they all pulled my gloves and my tail, to no avail! Still, it was bloody sad to see how cynical these kids were, couldn't they just live in the magical moment where they believe in humanoid shaped cats? Now that I said that, I would probably smack my kid for buying into that kinda crap.     

No comments:

Post a Comment