Monday 9 July 2012

Late night scripting fun

Today was all about scripting. Specifically scripting our new noir/action film. So today, Mark, Lucy and me all became typewriter monkeys for the afternoon, we carried my computer down into our dining room to avoid any possible distractions I might suffer. After much cursing about configuring my monitor all systems were go!


This was my desk for about 4 hours today. To my left you will see my scripting juice, (double espresso) it kept me on the go and helped me plow through any instances of writers block I encountered. On my right was one of the aforementioned pots of jelly that needed finishing off, this way I could successfully balance the caffeine with fruity sugar. On-screen we have stuff highlighted in blue, this was very helpful while writing as my job was predominantly going back over what had already been written by Mark and Dan, while good it needed tweaking into that good old Cafe Studios goodness you know and love.

The others briefly left me during dinner but returned to finish the job. Oddly enough, Mum challenged if I had eaten my 5 a day at this point while offering me some cherries, this sparked me off on an insane urge for all things natural which ended in a late supper type thing and some more late night scripting.

  
Admittedly it got a little bit French this supper, (minus the Stella) but the atmosphere was very positive at this point as we had now finished a rough copy of the script that only needed a few tweaks away from the completed thing! Over 5,000 words in total and this is easily my favorite line:

'Tell me where he is or this bagel won't be the only one with a hole in him!'

No comments:

Post a Comment