Saturday 23 March 2013

A helping hand

I'm back in England!

I will try my best to get some photos from my holiday and explain it all in detail once I get the photographs and videos sorted, which should be tomorrow!

Today I was greeted with the brunt of British weather at it's absolute worst. Walking home was a rather miserable event until I almost got home that is. A small old lady, whom I thought I recognized, waved to me so I approached her and she asked me for directions to... even she didn't know where. She suffered from short term memory loss and had been walking for seemingly hours as she was soaked to the bone and it was apparently daytime when she left home. I walked her into Newbury high street in an attempt to jog her memory with no success. She did mention wanting to go to the police station to get directions however so I walked her that way and talked with her along the way.

We arranged a lift back to her care home at the station and she was extremely grateful that I went so out of my way to help her. She could have possibly been walking for many more hours if she hadn't have asked someone but by the end of the ordeal she felt of me as a friend. It was a bizarrely heartwarming and humbling hour knowing that I did all I could to help this lady.

1 comment: