Monday 8 September 2014

Equipment Scare

Arrived safely in London for the final few days of filming our war film. I'm staying a few nights with the director at the moment. Hired out all the camera equipment for everything a few days ago and the guy assured me I would get an email confirmation that everything had been processed. 2 weeks later and still no email. Rung them up and they said everything was fine and all will be well - the equipment will be with us in the morning. It had better be, we paid extra for early delivery.

I was woken up at 9am by a text message. A text message of doom, destruction and pain:

'Your equipment will not be delivered today'

I had a mini heart attack. Months of planning, down the drain because of some silly postage error. The entire weekend of filming would be ruined and I knew I would have let the whole team down. I got dressed and ready to make one of the angriest phone calls of my life, went into the living room to tell our director the bad news. He's right there just unpacking all the camera stuff.

Apparently it got delivered moments before the text was sent so wires must have crossed somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment