Tuesday 2 September 2014

Neighbours

Seems like I only really did two things today. Packing and Mario Kart. Woek up to do a frenzy of packing and prepping for my big move before heading over to the Harper's house to play some games including the one true kart racer. Promptly got my arse handed to me but had a lot of fun otherwise and it was a really nice way to spend the morning before shipping out into my new home.

Arrived to start unpacking, I was pleased to discover that although I inherited the 'small room' it was actually a lot bigger than I predicted and is very livable. Met up with the first of my new housemates who is apparently a stellar cook, she proved this by making some oven chips from a new potato moments prior; we will get on very well. Just about settled in and started eating dinner when we heard a knock on the door. It was the neighbours who we had never met before and they were just looking for some people to hang out with, they bought cake and cider and we gave them some Mario Kart. It was totally bizarre how it came about to invite perfect strangers into our home but we a re glad we did because we became fast friends over video games and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment