Tuesday 21 February 2017

360 Video

Office was dead today, folks were shattered after the shoot or had other places to be, so it was just me and my other boss for a good chunk of today. managed to get through a fair amount of stuff though, got assigned a newish job to crack on with, and this one is all about 360 degree video which is supposedly going to explode in popularity this year. I'm admittedly not entirely convinced of this however, as I haven't actually seen any videos that have really impressed me in 360, which is why I'm trying to think of something that plays with the form in an interesting way.

So many 360 degree videos are glorified Go Pro films at the moment, stuff of cars moving or peeps doing things in cool spaces. But it all feels a bit gimmicky, I don't know what the 360 advantage of some clips are, yes its cool to watch something in VR, but you quickly get the gist. Below is possibly my favourite example of 360 video, and its a promotion for a Russian anti-domestic abuse hotline.

 
Really subtle, and it worth watching at least twice to get the full scope of it. I wanna try and think of something like this for my next brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment