Sunday 19 February 2017

Lazy To-Do

Had myself little 'to-do' checking day in a way that involved not leaving the house today (best kind of day). Tightened up my CV and my Linkedin profile first and foremost, then had a little gander at all the best looking jobs on offer. I'm due to rendezvous with my boss again to discuss a new job soon so I've made a little list of all the places locally that I'm interested in and I'll take next steps very soon.

I also decided to start watching some more films again since I've been quite lax on that recently, especially Studio Ghibli films, so I decided to spearhead it with From Up on Poppy Hill. It was a super gentle offering from them that was cute in all the right places, the story is nothing to write home about, but the tone had an undeniable charm that puts you in a lovely state of mind afterwards.

Also check out Your Name, the new highest grossing Japanese animated film (beating Spirited Away) and it was pretty dang good. It starts off as a pretty simple little thing, but its remarkable how much you actually end up caring about both of the central characters as the film goes on. The art and animation throughout is outstanding too, it really is a complete package - Big recommendation here for Mum and Dad too methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment