Wednesday 24 August 2022

The Act of Killing

Got to work on my Youth for Europe report and very nearly finished it. Mostly looking for photos now so I'm combing through the many hundreds of snaps the group took and uploaded into a big shared folder. About 90% of them are shots of the oven or blurry images of Oxford gardens so they're pretty unusable but we'll make something work. 

I'm using this week to get through some more films from my backlog and no documentary has been on my watch list longer then The Act of Killing which was a disturbing yet toothsome watch that's still running laps around my mind. The more I think about the crazy film the mass murderers tried to make and the main perpetrator's relationship to cinema the more I begin to ponder the limits of humanity and the power of karma. A documentary with a dreamlike narrative - Excellent stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment