Thursday 11 May 2023

Cutest Culprit

 Another quietish day for me at work. The hardest part was getting our team on board with a place to go drinking in the evening. It's been about 5 months since we did a social and after multiple plans fell through we finally agreed on drinks tonight on North Street. It was really nice too, just warm enough to enjoy my first beer garden of the year. Felt warm and fuzzy coming home but tired too after a long day so I listened to some slow songs on the walk back. 

Fully lulled into a weary stupor, I went to brush my teeth hoping to hop into bed with the cat and Rebecca to chill. Just as I rinse my gums I hear Rebecca worriedly calling my name followed by another sentence, I could only hear her properly once I re-entered the bedroom 'The Cat has caught a mouse!' For a second's fraction I marveled at the whimsey of the statement, once I saw the rodent running rampant reality set in. What ensued was a 45 minute effort from all three of us, cat, Rebecca and me cornered the cute fella and eventually caught it in a big box. I ran into the park, let it go and realized I was no longer chill. On the contrary, my adrenaline levels had spiked. Hope I can get to sleep ok. At least I got a mugshot of the cutest culprit.



No comments:

Post a Comment