Saturday 17 February 2024

Glowing Red Light

My Canadian relatives came a-visiting this weekend so we met up with them in Newbury for a slap up lunch. Dad did pork with apple sauce (a meal I had actually been silently craving earlier this week), followed by an apple crumble with added Mars Bars, an eyebrow raising twist that was a hit with our guests.

I dove into the attic to grab my old N64, a console I'm pretty sure I haven't powered up in about a decade. I'm using it for my upcoming YouTube video but I quickly wanted to test it worked before taking it back to Bristol. I blew on the cartridge, hooked up the display ports and fired it up. Mum and Dad perched on the sofa as I booted up Ocarina of Time, a game they were both shocked to see how graphically it didn't stack up to their memory. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment