Wednesday 21 February 2024

Hilarity & Horror

I traded in my morning of editing for an early walk into town to do some life admin. My phone contract shot up in price recently so with the help of the plucky store assistant Owain we got it down to an acceptable price once again. With all those savings coming my way it seemed only right to spend a little on a new pair of running shoes. Without hyperbole, I think I've had my old ones for half my life so they were due an upgrade. I settled on a pair in store, rebuffed all the extra paraphernalia they peddled to me at the checkout and walked home actually feeling excited again about going for a run soon.

Then it was back to work spit shining the script and re-recording lines that needed reworking or lines I flat out mispronounced. The glimmering light at the end of today's tunnel was games with Mark and Dan. We had a few false starts in Baldur's Gate after a recent update naggered some system stuff, so we dived back into Lethal Company for some unseasonal scares. A character possession in the middle of a sandstorm resulted in a legendary horror moment that left me with my hand over my mouth as I desperately held 'W' to run for safety. Only that game can provide the right balance of hilarity and horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment