Tuesday 6 February 2024

Happy Birthday Rebecca 2024

Rebecca opened up her presents in bed and counted her blessings on not having to work today. The world was her oyster and we were free to get brunch at a trendy new spot on North Street - poached eggs and coffee is a great way to start any birthday after all. The scenic route took us home via a bookshop and the harbour side, once home it was a board game half marathon. Rebecca won the lion's share of the games (I didn't even have to throw my punches because it was her special day, she is genuinely better than me at almost everything we play). Some 'Theo Burgers' were requested for dinner and I somehow made a better than usual batch, just in time for when it counted most. Our full bellies got us through a rainy walk to the Hippodrome as we clutched our tickets to Wicked. The birthday generosity didn't spring for lavishly expensive ice cream, but we both admired the great seats and musical belters. 

I hope Rebecca had a good one today. I didn't get a chance to bake a cake but I still snuck a small shop bought one under the radar and watched her blow out the candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment