Friday 22 March 2024

Grown Up Food

You forget how much you look forward to weekends when you're not working. Now I dream about them like 10ft tall ice cream sundaes I can suba dive into. We had a few niggly bits at work we had to get over the line by end of play. As usual, I got asked to do a bit of catering correspondence and brokering. I think I did ok overall and I got out a little early so Rebecca and I could jet up town to hang out with Mark and Lucy. Mark was determined to cook us 'grown up food's after we apparently made a meal for them that raised the bar. The irony is they're both better chefs than us! Lamb meatballs on a bed of couscous on a bed of yogurt was a real winner, the height of home cooking sophistication. A few drinks and a few games later and I was already getting good weekend vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment