Tuesday 12 March 2024

Numbers Go Up, and Up

The iconic mizzle in Bristol kept me locked indoors when I should have been out running. Eventually it staved off and I completed a 3.7k - not bad for a third run since a hiatus. The rain was unbelievably fine throughout the run though, I felt like a pampered vegetable, getting continuously misted in a posh grocery store.

I ticked off a new game (Dordonga) and a new film (Mrs Doubtfire) today too. I certainly do derive some reptile brain satisfaction from updating my online databases, but really they just feel like another body for the pile. Why do I feel compelled to record every film I watch? I guess I like seeing that little number go up and up but is that a healthy way to treat art - as something to consume rather than consider? I need to find people to discuss these things with really, otherwise I watch movies and impress no one but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment