Sunday 31 March 2024

Easter 2024

Low-key forgot the clocks did their thing last night so when I woke up at 9am my shock got the better of me. Gingerly I arose and went down for breakfast, absolved by my family reminding me of Daylight savings. A hot cross bun and a croissant slathered in homemade marmalade kept me going until Dad's roast dinner. Leg of lamb, roast potatoes and a side of cabbage + bacon. Real good stuff, probably one of the best Dad has done in a while in fact.

Louis and I drove back to Bristol a little bit later and I was invited to join Rebecca and her parents out for a drink. I never thought I'd be the kind of person at a pub on the evening of Easter Sunday, but I got a chance to mingle with exactly that type at The King William for a swift pint of stout. It was certifiably quiet in there, minus a few oddballs like us, but it was charming enough. I have a mountain of chocolate to get through, but that what Bank Holiday Monday is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment