Wednesday 12 September 2012

'Bacon Hands'

We had a very quiet morning at Eddie Catz today, made a sandwich or two for some children but mostly the place was a ghost town. Early afternoon was a little bit different as a whole crowd of people came in to grab a coffee at the same time we had a massive delivery scheduled, yet we had virtually no room for any of the new stock in our freezers. This resulted in an ongoing, 2 hour effort between 4 staff members to re-jig the freezers. At one point I had to wrap up a whole lotta bacon in slices of four, I was about halfway through the process when my boss came in screaming 'Theo! Come quick!' Of course I happened to have 'Bacon hands' at this point so I dashed to the taps to wash off the bacteria and sprinted to he food cupboard where there I found, my second boss, who apparently was in an effort to clean out the back of a chest freezer, managed to fall behind it and get stuck there. It took three people to help pull her out of that gap amidst bouts of laughter from all parties.

Mark and Lucy also came round to deliver the last Birthday present, a mounted Big Lebowski poster! As I walked back up to my room with a white russian in hand I stood for a moment and thought to myself: The Dude abides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment