Sunday 17 May 2015

A Wedding in Belgium

Attended my first ever foreign wedding over the weekend. Mark did the crazy drive there and back for us so we could celebrate 'Belgian Steve's' special day and it really was a hell of a day. We arrived bright and early for the ceremony in the town hall where there were many tears from the bride and groom. Faces of joy turned into faces of terror once we got ahold of the rice which we lobbed without mercy at the newlyweds. After that though, we had a chance to chill out at a B&B and suck up some good food, including Belgian fries, and take a trip to our favourite supermarket for souvenirs.

Then it was time to head on down to the reception where cake and the free bar reigned supreme. I started quite heavy on a Duval and chased it with a glass of red wine but that kept me merry and pumped for all the dancing I did with total strangers until the small hours of the morning. I even got to do my signature 'Mahna-Mahna' dance from the Muppets for Steve once again. For about 110 seconds, all eyes were on me as I made a royal arse of myself for the sake of making people happy, basically my everyday life really.

It was a really excellent little getaway and it just felt cool to be celebrating the union of some good friends of ours. Here's hoping that there are many more celebrations to come!   

No comments:

Post a Comment