Sunday 3 May 2015

Hamster Horrors

Rebecca nominated me to be a presenter on our uni's election coverage. Part of my duty includes making a video package for the programme. Someone came up with the idea of recreating the 'Paul the Octopus' event but with a hamster. Since I own a hamster I took up the responsibility of making a short feature with Freddie picking the winner for the election.

This also marked the first occasion I properly used a camera while at uni to film something outside of the studio. I got few cheeky focus pulls in and, along with Rebecca's help, made a pretty cool little package. Shame about the winner but we recorded it a few times and he kept going for the same one.



I am sorry to say that Freddie's new celebrity status went right to his head. I tried to pick him up earlier this evening and he did a 'not cool Mike Tyson' thing and bit down hard on me.



After prying my Fruit Ninja finger out his nashers I managed to send him flying halfway across our living room. I then got to survey my index finger and I can safely say I have never bled so much in my life. This bite went way deep. Blood was streaming down my hand and all over our sink. I have since terminated our professional relationship. I could have made him a star with my film making. But alas...

No comments:

Post a Comment