Wednesday 27 May 2015

Sounds of Chairs

My first ever lesson in the uni's foley studio was amazingly cool. We got a chance to do some voice recording in a professional space and a sound-proof chamber. The entire thing is like a big old sci-fi room and it's a little eerie in there as there is hardly any natural room tone, but that also makes it a very personal workspace. Later on we did the classic thing where we loaded up a scene from a film and attempted to re-create the audio ourselves. I got to sit in a squeaky chair and make up the natural noises the furniture would make when sat on and moved, timing it best I could to the actors motions.

Hot out the sound room I went to the big social BBQ for TV students. I made my classic salad and bought over a few chairs so this entitled me to a burger or two. Chowing down with some friends as the sun went down was a really cool thing to do, everyone gets on so well together as well so it was just a joy to kick back now that our year has nearly ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment