Wednesday 3 February 2016

Sober Hangover

Woke up feeling outrageously shattered on account of last night. Jokes on me though, because after going out for a desperately awful night out in town and drinking nothing at all, I still felt hung-over despite getting 8 hours sleep. As a result, I wrote off today as a recovery day of sorts and just did some washing up to make the kitchen look like less of a state. My life seemed like a living hell until I got a call from a very upset Rebecca.

She had just taken her first driving test and unfortunately she didn't pass. I quickly went to visit her and I have never seen her so upset since I've met her. So I decided to just sit quietly with her to calm her down and make sure she was ok. What hit me the hardest though was thinking about how terrible a day I was supposedly having and then going over to see someone who was in a mercilessly depressed state. It put my woes into perspective and made them look like teeny-tiny specks in comparison to what Rebecca was going through a few hours ago.

Rebecca brightened up a few hours later and I bought her fish and chips and we went out to the pub - all the while I was thinking about how small my problems are in the grand scheme of everything, and ow I found comfort in that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment