Thursday 25 August 2016

Goodbye Grandad John

Got a message sometime this afternoon from my parents to let Louis and I know that our Grandfather passed away. We all knew he was very ill and was losing time, but none of us expected it to be a sudden as this. While it is a very sad thing, I think most of us knew it would happen soon and had already said 'goodbye' in our own, personal ways.

Below I'll leave a small, and familiar poem called 'Footsteps.' In no way is this meant to be a mawkish thing, the meaning of the poem doesn't reflect my Grandfather, nor does it reflect my opinions on death and the afterlife. Rather, this poem was hung up in the toilet of his house and I often took the opportunity to read it whenever our family went to visit him because I enjoy the story. And for that reason alone, I thought of him whenever I read it and it's my own personal way of remembering him:



 


No comments:

Post a Comment