Monday 1 August 2016

Te Big Short

Had the pleasure of seeing The Big Short earlier on today and I was fairly impressed. They took a rather difficult topic (the housing market crash of 2007) and explained it neatly while remaining very watchable. I'm not going pretend that I understood all of the banking language in the film, but they made an honest and good attempt at explaining a majority of the terms, along with a hint of comedy.
Occasionally the humor felt a little bit shoehorned and it jarred with the serious subject matter, but again, I appreciate that they try to keep the whole experience informative and fun to watch. For me, some jokes were distracting, but they were never enough to wreck a scene. I'd recommend it, similar to Spotlight, to anyone with a vague interest in the recent economic crisis, and even if you aren't, you just might be after seeing this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment