Friday 2 June 2023

Cake-Gate

On top of my usual duties I somehow got sucked into the black hole that is last minute birthday arrangements. I've done enough of these to know the drill, but it was exasperated today as the urgency of everything wasn't communicated until the worst possible time. This resulted in me running up and down the affluent part of Bristol for bespoke cheese and bread venues, plus a delicately decorated cake. In spite of everything,y arrival time with the goods worked out well and everything went off without a hitch, it was just a pain it being such a last-minute.com request. I got back to my day job and relished with the crew when they called wrap - everyone is due a weeks holiday now so several of us rushes right off to catch planes etc. For me though, it meant driving to Newbury in a well packed car with Louis, Rachel and Rebecca to do the first leg of our holiday traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment