Saturday 26 August 2023

Saturday Blues

Seeing as I only have a single day off this weekend, I enjoyed my time off in fast forward. We took one final trip to Wilko and I found myself feeling oddly sentimental. Being a store clerk there was my first ever job, I even remember sitting round with all the new starts for induction, watching a PowerPoint about the perks of being loyal to the company. If you worked there for 20 years they'd offer you some hefty in store discount and some better holidays I seem to recall... Bizarre to think they can't honour that now to hundreds of employees. It was a sad state of affairs inside though, barren shelves in some areas and immovable stock in others, even the Halloween stuff was out but people weren't biting despite the 30% closure sale. 

Rebecca and I did a bit more coordinating on our Canada trip, booking our Air B&B's and a few trains. Still hasn't settled in yet that we're going, guess my brain is still in work mode and getting that all over the line. Six days of back to back filming up next. Wish I felt more rested but we'll make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment