Sunday 5 July 2020

Campus Trail

Just before leaving Bournemouth Rebecca and I took a little stroll over to our old uni campus. I hadn't really walked around there since graduating in 2016 so it was a bizarre yet humbling experience, magnified only by the fact the pandemic meant the whole campus was a ghost town. There's a few swanky new buildings and a bit of landscaping had been done, but otherwise it was just how I remembered it.

We drove back to Newbury for lunch plus a long-overdue haircut for me. Although I spent the whole weekend with my parents, I could've easily spent a few more with them. Having not seen them both for a while it was lovely just to be around them again and just enjoy their company. Lots of creature comforts have been withheld during the pandemic, but luckily I got to experience a smidgen of the oft sought after 'normality'.   

No comments:

Post a Comment