Tuesday 7 July 2020

Peculiar Pierogis

In between bouts of writing I did chores aplenty - the good kind fortunately. Got around to re-soiling the back garden in preparation for our lawn turf which is arriving on Friday. So I laid out two whopping bags of pooey-smelling lawn soil and raked it across the top of our existing stuff, Rebecca and I then did a little garden march across it all to level and tamp it down. Its looking real good right now, might give it one final pass before we lay the lawn but I'm immensely chuffed with how it looks.

Then I did the shopping and the cooking. We had some pierogis left over so I dared to spruce them up with a little white sauce. For the first time ever, I added onions to the sauce as I cooked it and I inadvertently created a drizzle that took me right back to my childhood. They say smell and taste is closely associated with memory and this sauce reminded me of every meal I used to abstain from eating when I was 6 years old - and tasting it again now, I still don't like it. But I suffered through it tonight, now I know what that taste is I know how to avoid it for next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment