Sunday 26 July 2020

Nestled in Nettles

Took a little day trip to Newbury today to drop off Mum's Birthday presents (some local honey, chocolates and a nice cordial). Dad treated us to a really excellent alternative Sunday lunch of chicken legs in a super garlicky sauce, it was so good I kinda want the recipe now so I can impress guests somewhere down the line. We waited for the rain to die down before going on a little stroll along the river, all while I weaved my bare knees around stinging nettles - a childhood pastime so I'm an expert but Rebecca got unlucky. Some cheese and biscuits was all we needed before heading off back home to Bristol, shame we couldn't have stuck around longer but we all have jobs and obligations. In just under two weeks we'll be back together in Bournemouth anyway so we have that to look forward to in the meantime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment