Saturday 22 June 2024

Summers Long Gone

 I wasn't too weary as it turns out, in good spirits to hang out and hold conversations with my family. Just as the afternoon was drawing to a close we took a walk around my old Scout Hut and Secondary School. It's been a while since I last visited those spots, especially during the Summer months, but being back there today brought back a lot of memories of idle Augusts with Daniel and company. Without sounding like Dandelion Wine, the time felt slower back then. The sunshine and the tall grass was all still there just as I remembered, only difference is that I'm much taller now and time marches at a much louder pace. It was nice to take Rebecca on the walk down memory lane too though, sharing it with someone helps make it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment