Saturday 12 October 2024

Tail Light

 Only as I write this, I realise I've been awake for 22 hours. But the good and bad of mankind reared it's head to me in that shortened cycle of the Earth around the Sun.

First up the bad. Some bozo smashed into our car, taking out a bulb and the glass housing for the car's brake light. In the midst of doing my job I was constantly bothered by the damage but ended up getting a chance to go out and resolve the issue at a nearby Halfords. I guess we'll foot the bill for the repairs...

On the flip side, tonight was also our crew drinks back in Bristol. A big tab was put behind the bar but only 11 people turned up so we just rinsed the money, over and over again. An old work friend from Production was there and invited us to an after party in town to a venue her boyfriend was DJ'ing at. Turns out, tonight was a big deal for the boyfriend because his mum was up all night to support him - well into 2am. 

So, while my tail light was punched out, my undying optimism shines through - humanity is indeed worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment