Tuesday 22 January 2013

First Univeristy interview

First of my interviews today and it was a doozy. I was the only person there for the morning interview which is unusual because it was going to be a group interview, but hey-ho that might have been in my favor anyway. The very first thing I do after shaking the two interviewer's hands is put on my showreel, which they were not a big fan of because I put background music to my clips as opposed to the original sound. This technique was suggested by Mark in very good faith as it got him into his dream university but here it sadly just made me very embarrassed. I did manage to show them a small portion of As Time Goes By as well but got a stern word from them for the use of copyrighted music in my video; here was about where I started feeling rather faint. I felt stupid, embarrassed and out of my depth then and only just recovered from it thanks to my decent portfolio which may or may not have saved me, I'll let you know when I hear back from them.   

The whole thing felt more like an interrogation than an interview and I just felt like a small fish in a big pond while walking around the campus so I was a little down on the car ride home, I just kept telling myself that it was a good learning experience for the interviews to come. Next on is on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment