Thursday 31 January 2013

Lincoln

Almost failed at making some American style pancakes this morning, first bunch I did were borderline burnt before it dawned on me that I was on too high a heat to cook on. Second batch looked a little something like this:


Admittedly, they didn't look THAT god, but they were blooming tasty, filled my stomach up a plenty before going out to see Lincoln.

Typically I invest a lot of confidence in Steven Spielberg to make a brilliant and entertaining movie, like Jaws or Jurassic Park. While Lincoln was technically brilliant with some great acting and cinematography, it sure as hell wasn't very entertaining. The first half was pretty dull since I have little to no knowledge of American history so a lot of the dialogue went right over my head. But towards the second half the film picked up a lot of momentum and managed to sway me into enjoying it a bit more. For a more in-depth review tune into our podcast in the next few days as it's our film of the week to review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment