Monday 21 December 2015

Game UK is Awful

Met up with on of Rebecca's old housemates in a nearby pub today. He's doing his placement year in our neck of the woods so he wanted to meet up since Rebecca. Since we were out and about at that point it seemed like a golden opportunity to do some last minute Christmas shopping! Picked up about 90% of my list now with the last bits to get courtesy of Amazon Prime. I would have even grabbed a Christmas present Dad needed to buy for myself (am Steam Link) from Game, but instead I found them to be massively disappointing once again.  

On arrival, things looked moderately positive, the guy was helpful and even said he had a Steam Link in the back of the shop. I waited a bit and they didn't have one, which was fine because I didn't expect to grab one there and then, it was a pre-order jobbie so all was well. Then they couldn't find it on the system for pre-order and a more senior member of staff came over to help. Bear in mind this guy was in his 30's and seemingly carried around a multitude of gaming knowledge with him, he had no idea what a Steam Link was. He then asked me to tell him what it was and I could see his eyes crusting over as if he was dealing with another trashy customer who didn't know anything about the field. I expect he thought I made it up.

It was just hugely embarrassing because he should have known what my product was. If anyone even remotely has an interest in gaming news and technology, the Steam Link is a modern and anticipated bit of hardware. Game UK also have exclusive rights for high street distribution of the Steam Link. If you visit the Steam store online they cite Game as the only place you can pre-order and collect it from in the UK so it's baffling to think that a senior member of staff had no clue what I was talking about, when the company he works for is the only place in the UK where you can speak to someone face-to-face about pre-ordering one.

Game has just let me down on so many occasions now, mostly thanks to their dreadful customer service. Employees just seem to think they can get away with being elitist because they believe they know more about gaming than their customers just because they wear a purple badge. I truly think I have spent my last bit of money there just so I don't put more money into a company that treats is customers like a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment