Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

Merry Christmas! It's been a long time coming this year, even without an advent calendar to count down the days, I've noticed that it feels like December has been hanging over us for yonks, but today means that it's finally worth it.

In the hoard this year I bagged a pretty nifty lamp/alarm clock combo which lights up gradually to simulate the rising sun - it so realistic that I'll never have to leave my bedroom again! Louis gifted me a controller adapter thing for the Wii U and Smash Bros along with the first book in The Witcher series which I am enjoying at the moment. Otherwise it was your classic assortment of chocolates socks that are greatly appreciated - there are fewer things I love more than new socks! The, now infamous, Steam Link should be with me very soon too, just waiting on postage for him.

It was nice to see the reactions of the presents I bought for others this year. A recurring gift was a portable phone charger which I got for both Mum and Louis. They make excellent presents and I got each of them a charger tailored for their needs which was pretty cool. For Dad, Louis and I bought him a glasses holder in the shape of an owl which he was actually quite pleased with. Typically we always buy Dad an edible gift because he literally is the man who has everything, but with the owl I think we found a small niche - he even took a photo of it!

The day itself was spent lazing around the living room, watching telly and getting cosy by the fire. A decidedly humble Christmas day, but a good one nonetheless. Nothing quite beats spending a day with family without any immediate obligations or worries.

I'll be packing up to go to Belgium tomorrow, Louis and I will be spending the next few days out there to see friends and celebrate the run-up to New Year. Hope that everyone had as good a Christmas as I did, if not better! It hardly feels real when it is finally the big day, but I wouldn't change anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment