Sunday 4 September 2016

Coffee Conundrum

Back in Bristol now, but I spent most of the day alongside Rebecca during a very turbulent morning. First thing she does after getting out of bed is ask if I want a coffee, bless her cotton socks. She asks me if I wanted and instant coffee or a 'posh' nespresso type coffee. Well, I am only human, so I picked the latter, unknowingly setting off the first of the bad turns.

Long story short, the coffee machine did a death gurgle and ejected damp coffee grouts all over the kitchen which Rebecca valiantly cleaned up, but it took her an understanbly long time as those grouts really did go everywhere. She turned to her own coffee after for comfort, knowing that she was safe with an instant jobbie. Before taking a sip, her eyes caught the milk's expiry date, then went back to her already milky coffee. I had to do the sniff test on the milk bottle and gave it the thumbs down. It was all a bit much for Rebs that morning and she just went very quiet afterwards. Luckily I was there to prep her a fresh mug of coffee and put a smile back on her face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment